In general we do dinners (table d’hôtes – all eating together) once a week, depending on demand and there is no fix day.
All is homemade and the food best described as Mediterranean style. We are not chefs but we do definitely like our food and wine with a nice conversation and good laughs! In summer dinner is served on the terrace under the olive tree and in the winter in side in front of the fire.
When possible and when there is no Table d’hôtes we can prepare personalised dinners. If you would be interested, please let us know. Same if you need a nice bottle or flowers in the room when you arrive for a special occasion.
In the garden we have an “honesty bar” where you can find various drinks and some snacks as well as plates, cutleries etc for pick-nicks. There is also a fridge at your disposal if you have things to keep cool.
- Table d’hôtes: dinner all together around the same table and set menu. No fixed day of the week.
- If of interest, please let us know during booking the room. We do not have a restaurant and therefore no stocks. We will organize depending on demand and possibilities.
- Prices: €40 – 50 euro’s per person (all food and drinks included).
- Please let us know about any allergies or food restrictions beforehand.
- A minimum of 6 persons is necessary.
- Please know that we do not have any staff here, which has its advantages but also pose some limitations.
Swimming pool at La Parare
We have built a beautiful saltwater swimming pool on the terrace.
It’s all in stone and has some special features, for instance, a resistance jet stream, so you can swim against the stream.
Once it gets warm enough to turn our minds from fireplaces towards swimming and sunbathing, we start heating the pool.
Sauna and Massage
We also have a sauna for use during the cooler season—Karin is Swedish, after all, and no self-respecting Swede would be without a sauna!
We can also book a wonderful massage here at La Parare.
Please let us know well in advance if you would like this service.
A Fireplace in your Room
La Parare is one of the very few B&B’s that has a functioning fireplace in each of the rooms that can be used during the cold season. Two rooms have fireplaces for open wood fires and two rooms have bioethanol fireplaces, which are easier to use.
How wonderful to come home, open a bottle of wine, and spend some quality time in front of the fire with your special one.
However, the fireplaces are really just for ambiance because the house’s main source of warmth is electric heaters, so when it is cold outside, you’ll be nice and toasty!
During the summer there are restrictions on the use of fireplaces due to the risk of wild fires.
If you play piano, bring your partitions and play classic, jazz or any entertaining music on our grand piano. The piano is in our living room and as it is vaulted, the acoustic is absolutely great.
As most bikers already know, the area around Nice offer unique biking opportunities: Col de Turini, Grande Corniche between Nice and Menton (Italy), Col de la Madone, Col de Braus, Col d’Eze and Villefranche , Col de la Bonette, Col de Vence – the list goes on.
With Paris – Nice passing in front of our house, our B&B La Parare is ideally located for any biker interested in taking advantage of what this region can offer. The biking season is long and the quality of the roads very good and many, so not the same crowds that will be found in some of the other popular biking areas.
- La Parare is an old stone house located in a small village with plenty of space around the house and safe parking for treasured bikes.
- It is possible to get laundry done (24h service)
- La Parare can house 8 – 10 people in double rooms, breakfast is included and special diet requirements can in general be catered for.
- For groups, dinners can be organised and we can also help with restaurant booking.
- We speak French, English, Dutch, Swedish and German
We have a inflatable canoe big enough for two people. It is stored in an easy backpack and you can bring it to one of the beaches and after 10 minutes of pumping you are on the water, away from the crowds. Finally you can get a view of some of the beautiful villas lining the coast
There is lots to see and do within a maximum of one hour drive from our house. Whether it is about nice cities & villages on the coast, medieval villages in the mountains, museums, gardens, hiking, biking (we have electric bikes for rent) tennis courts within 20 min. There are also a number of famous events such as the Classic grand Prix and F1 in Monaco, Tennis grand prix in Monaco, Nice & Cannes yacht shows and the list goes on.
Here are some of the possibilities: http://www.cotedazur-tourisme.com (general site)
You also have to know that you are allowed to do nothing which is nowadays the ultimate luxury!
This means during the warmer days laying in the shade of an olive tree with a nice book (link picture). During the colder days, the same book in front of your open fire in the room with a nice glass of red. Mind you, the weather in the winter, often allow to spend a couple of hours in the sun during the day siting outside on one of the sheltered terraces with again that same book.
Whenever you want, but often right after your breakfast, we show you all what this beautiful and very rich area has to offer. We give you the best insider tips, lend you maps and have some homemade drawings that makes it very easy to find your way. We also have lots of guides in various languages, hiking guides, biking guides, museum guides, beaches etc, etc. We advise on restaurants that for the most already have been tested for you and we can book for you if you like.
The list below is just to give you an idea of the options you have as well approximate distances and definitely not a tourist guide. Here is lots more!
Cities of interest:
- Nice (25 min) http://en.nicetourisme.com/agenda
- Cannes ( 50 min) www.getyourguide.com
- Antibes (35 min) www.antibesjuanlespins.com
- Grasse (fragrance – 1 h) http://www.ville-grasse.fr
- Vence (55 Min) http://www.vence-tourisme.com
- Monaco (45 min) www.visitmonaco.com/fr
- Menton (1H) www.tourisme-menton.fr
Villages of interest:
- St Jean Cap Ferrat (40 min) www.saintjeancapferrat-tourisme.fr
- Villefranche (40 min) www.tourisme-villefranche-sur-mer.com/fr
- Beaulieu sur Mer ( 35 min ) www.beaulieusurmer.fr
- Eze village ( 35 min) www.eze-tourisme.com
- Haut de Cagnes( 45 min) www.cagnes-tourisme.com
- St Paul de Vence (50 min)
- Mougins (55 min) https://www.mougins-tourisme.fr
- Valbonne (55min) www.tourisme-valbonne.com
- Tourette sur loup : (60 min) www.tourrettessurloup.com
Medieval high Perched villages:
- Peillon (25 min) www.peillontourisme.fr
- Luceram (30 Min) www.luceram.fr
- Coaraze (20 min) www.les-plus-beaux-villages-de-france.org/fr/coaraze
Col de Tende and the Marvelous valley with villages such as
- la Brigue
- Sospel. www.tendemerveilles.com
Stunning Gardens in:
- Menton (45 min) www.tourisme-menton.fr
- Monaco (40 min) www.jardin-exotique.mc
- Eze (35 Min) www.jardinexotique-eze.fr
- Villa Euphrosi de Rothschild (35 min.) and its Palace www.villa-ephrussi.com
- Hanbury garden right across the border in Italy at 1H drive . www.giardinihanbury.com
Yes,a day in Italy is also an option for a nice day in a different country.
Museums and beautiful houses:
Lots of Painters came to this region because of the wonderful lights such as:
- Picasso in Antibes, http://www.cotedazur-tourisme.com/ou-aller/musee-picasso-antibes-N4fiche_PCUPAC0060000015-rub_5.html
- Mamac in Nice www.mamac-nice.org ,
- Chagall www.musees-nationaux-alpesmaritimes.fr/Chagall & Matisse in Nice www.musee-matisse-nice.org ,
- Fernand Leger http://en.musees-nationaux-alpesmaritimes.fr/fleger ,
- Foundation Maeght in st Paul de Vence www.fondation-maeght.com ,
- Cocteau in Menton , www.museecocteaumenton.fr Chapel Matisse in Vence, www.chapellematisse.com
- Villas such as Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu sur Mer, www.villakerylos.fr
- Villa Santos Sospire in st Jean Cap Ferrat, www.villasantosospir.fr .
- Cabanon du Corbusier in Menton, https://capmoderne.com/fr/lieu/le-cabanon/
- Museum of Frangrance Grasse: www.museesdegrasse.com
You can hike from the house to the ruins of Chateauneuf villevieille and there is unlimited hiking close to the house in the mountains.
All trails are very well marked and we have many guides and hiking maps.
Around the see and capes there is also hiking such as the Nitske-trail in Eze and many more and beautiful strolls around the capes such as St Jean Cap Ferrat, Cap d’Ail as a few examples.
Road bike: Being already at some 550 m altitude it can be quite demanding. The race Paris Nice in March comes in front of the house. Many pros are coming to this region as the roads are good and beautiful in the early season
VTT: straight from the garden to the ruins of Chateauneuf Villevieille.www.1001sentiers.fr
Stunning Canyons- paradise on earth:
Wild waters: within 20 minutes to 1H30 there are some of the most beautiful rivers with natural carved basins in the rocks, canyons where you can swim in just idyllic paradise waters such as nearby
|Restaurant Auberge de la Madone in Peillon|
|Restaurant La Pinède in cap d’Ail|
|Restaurant & plage Paloma Beach at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat|
Spacebetween can help you discover the national park the Mercantour, a paradise for all that love nature, the outdoors and all activities that goes with it.
You will find an amazing landscape, and just an hours drive from Nice.
The French Riviera is fantastic, but this nature reserve is just magic..
Some needs drugs to get away from it all, other go to the Mercantour!
When decorating our house we have made a lot of efforts to find good quality and innovative materials.
We like very much the waxed concrete that we used for bath rooms and the kitchen bench. It can be described as a modern version of tadelact and can be applied on most type of materials. Easy to maintain and you can do it yourself.
Océan à la Ciotat is our supplier.
Their products are available in the whole of France and also in Amsterdam.
|Consulea, IT professional has setup our B&B network and developed our new Web site|
|Miniweek: Book a MINI Cooper or another nice cabriolet. Minweek will have it waiting for you just outside the arrival hall at the airport, the trainstation – the GPS programmed with the address of La Parare. No more waiting at the car rental.|
|Gîtes de France|| |
La Parare est labellisée 4 épis /premium
Selected by guide Michelin in their guide for B&B in France:
“Les chambres dégagent une ambiance sereine, provoquée par les matériaux naturels et authentiques…
un mélange parfait de vieilles pierres et de béton ciré, un ton de Provence et une touche d’orient…”
Association Côte d’Azur Autrement (CAA)
|This is an association of B&B on the French Riviera, all charming houses with the same level of comfort and service as La Parare. The group has together some 80 beds and work together to be able to help you find a room when and where you need it. The owners will do their most to make your stay on the Cote d’Azur a memorable one and will share their knowledge about the region.|| |
|Les Membres de l’association Côte d’Azur autrement:|
You will find us in a number of french and international guides and directories
|Ubiquo: le moteur de recherche des loisirs et des vacances|
|France Chambres d’Hôtes|
|Chambres en France|
|Bed & Breakfast directory|
|France Bed & Breakfast Inns|
|Bed & Breakfast pages|
|Villa in Provence, VIP Bed & Breakfast in France|
|The best bed and breakfast in France|
|The best bed and breakfast in Provence|
|Karen Brown’s world of travel|
|L’essentiel des chambres d’hôtes et gîtes|
|Chambres d’hôtes Zen|| |